Wednesday, June 2
Smith Lake
As everyone always does we went to the lake for Memorial Day. I can't even begin to describe the feeling I have when I'm on the lake. To me it's so much better than the beach. I come home wanting to turn around and drive back, just to swing on the porch and watch the boats go by. Now my favorite thing to do is the jet ski but sadly it was in the repair shop....getting the rest it's going to need for when I get my hands on it again! I don't do anything crazy on it, just drive like any other vessel. But back to the lake itself. It's so calming, so relaxing....and I get this feeling of peace; as if all the world's worries don't exist. I go home missing it. Needless to say I'll be at the lake every chance I get! I'm excited to announce that David came with me for the first time ever! I can't believe it took so long to get him up there but he made it! Reilly was also very happy to be on the lake. He drove a Pontoon Boat all by himself, literally. My dad would coach him by telling him which way to turn the wheel and take over when it came time to park, but other than that it was all Reilly. We stopped at our friends' house and not even a minute after we got there Reilly was asking to drive the boat again. It gave me warm fuzzies all over seeing him have such a grand time. The lake means a lot to me and I can see it will be a big part of his life as well. With David growing up nearby and me having gone to the lake since I could walk Reilly was a natural out there. If my parents are out there this weekend, we'll be going right after church again. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment